Yoga Therapy Academy for the Healthcare Community came about thanks to the large number of physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals with whom I've worked in my private practice over the years. One thing has been consistently clear to me through these experiences: all of you want to make your quality of life a priority. Paradoxically, a career in healthcare is often experienced as intrinsically prohibitive of enjoying a balanced, healthy lifestyle. I have noticed that achieving a higher quality of life is often considered unattainable and incompatible with the schedule expected of a healthcare professional. With all this in mind, I am beyond excited to present you with actionable practices that will definitely feel compatible with the rhythm of your daily life, while providing you with sustainable energy and focus and fostering a deeper understanding of how self-care is ultimately the best investment you can make - both personally and professionally.
All the classes can be watched anywhere, at any time, and are presented in manageable, easy-to-follow segments. You don't need any special equipment or previous experience to do these practices; all you need is your body, your breath, and your attention.
This course consists of seven pre-recorded classes, accompanied by supplemental materials to support your ongoing engagement and success. You will also receive lovingly-crafted bonus audio and video practices that will enable you to easily find the energy that you've been missing.
ABOUT THE COURSE:
- Introductory Class: In this introductory class, you'll learn about the effects of relaxation versus the effects of accumulated stress, and this will decisively affect your life. You'll also learn how to succeed and feel better in a small amount of time.
- Class 1: How do you arrive at home after a long day at work? Do you know how to turn the work brain and be truly present in your personal life with friends and family? Or do you continue working mentally? You'll receive materials and a concrete technique for creating clear limits between home and work, enabling you to truly relax when you're outside of the work environment.
- Class 2: Presence: one of the greatest gifts that a human being can carry inside themselves. When we are present in what we do, we are less tired and more compassionate with ourselves and those with whom we live. If you frequently feel mentally overloaded, this class will bring you relief and increased energy, teaching you step by step to be present in all that you do, in a serene, centered, and happy manner.
- Class 3: In this class, you'll receive material to print out and, together with the instructional video, you'll have more clarity than ever about the areas of your life that deserve more attention. Most importantly, I will guide you towards achieving the fervently desired balance between work life and personal life in a deep and practical way.
- Class 4: How to prevent burnout. It's no mistake that we're always wishing for a vacation, or that we find ourselves exhausted on the weekend. After all, most of us feel that we're always at our limit, working or taking care of our home and family. The yoga therapy technique that I share with you in this class truly changed my life. It gave me a new model of existing, a model that provides me with well-being during the majority of my day. And it'll allow you to renew your energy on a daily basis, avoiding overextension and burnout.
- Class 5: Do you dream about work? Do you wake up exhausted, despite having slept the whole night?This class is fundamental, recuasse in it I'll teach you how to enjoy a deep, reparative sleep every night, guiding you step by step through a yoga therapy technique that has helped my health professional students sleep better, providing sustainability of energy and good humor.
- Final Class: In this class you'll receive final instructions on how to continue benefiting from these newly-cultivated habits for the rest of your life.
- Two PODCASTS made with loving care for you to listen to on the way to and from work.
- One VIDEO with a yoga series designed to be practiced in your office chair. I designed this practice to energize body and mind. Trust me, it works in the hardest and straightest of chairs!
- One AUDIO meditation: here I designed a meditation practice through which even the most active mind will be able to concentrate and succeed in this practice, achieving more focus and mental health.
- One brief AUDIO relaxation, where you'll experience moments of complete peace, guided step by step through the entire process, feeling recharged and renovated at the end.
And finally, hand-picked recommendation of books to enrich your life and deepen your knowledge.
You will finally be able to prioritize your own health and well-being, understanding that you show up as a better doctor or nurse when you show up for yourself. You will be able to start leaving struggle and internal conflict behind as you take significant steps towards building a lifestyle that allows for richness and enjoyment in the personal and professional realms, putting into practice healthy boundaries between work mind and home mind, developing the skill of being present at any given moment, and solving the challenges that stop you from living the life you know you want.